Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wow 4 weeks down

Ok the kids have been in school now for 4 weeks. Wow I am so sorry that I have not posted sooner. My life is crazy busy. Mike is beginning to question my change again since every moment I am home I am working on stuff for school. It is getting easier, this weekend I managed to get in some family time, some movies and some sleep. Sleep is something I am lacking these days. To bed at 10pm and up at 5am.. Just not enough hours in the day. The kids are great and very low for the most part, as expected. Most kids do not know their ABCs or their 123s. I have a lot of expectations placed on me and with this being a pilot Kindergarten Preschool I have all eyes on me too. I am posting some photos of my finished room for everyone to see. I think it turned out very welcoming and fun. For now, I love the kids and find it hard dealing with all the stuff that goes on outside the classroom. I just wish I could teach and have fun but I am constantly feeling that if we are having fun, are we really learning? Having two teachers in the room is posing a challenge as well. I find myself trying to do everything to make the other teacher happy and at the expense of my thoughts. We had field day last Friday and that was a lot of fun. For now my biggest challenges are managing the classroom and finding balance between work and family. I am working hard and by the way I got my first paycheck.. What a disappointment :( I am wondering if I made the right decision. I am giving it at least two years before I make that decision. Like I said, I love the kids and I have a real connection with them :) Well gotta get back to planning for next week. I hope this finds you all well and I miss you very much :)

See Ya

Carin

No comments:

Post a Comment