Saturday, December 5, 2009

Now 15 Weeks Down..


I know, I know everyone had such high expectations (Including myself!) I had intended to write at least once a week but man life has been zooming by at warp speed and it only seems to be getting faster. So 15 weeks into it and I still have some kids that do not know 6 letters of the alphabet or how to count to 15. I am happy that an out of the box idea of sending home a LeapFrog helped bring one of my girls from no letters to now 15 :) That is a success. Things were humming along and I had a great fall break, followed by Thanksgiving Holiday and now just 1 and a half weeks until winter break (2 weeks off, which I am sure will feel like only 2 days :)). At least things were humming until Saturday after Thanksgiving when I came down with the horrible flu. I was sick for 4 days with stomach issues and headaches then to find out, it turned into pneumonia. I have been ordered to bed rest for 2 more days when I go to see if the pneumonia has cleared out of my lungs. I have missed a week of work already and in a time when I have no time to miss. Report cards are to be finished next week and I have a ton of assessments to complete before that time. While I was out we also got 3 new kids and I really miss all my hugs. I guess my body just gave up on me, I'm not as young as I used to be :) Leave it the father time to remind us of our vulnerabilities. I am excited to be working with some of my fellow WU friends to give my kids a good Christmas. My family is good and I guess it just shows me that I really need to find balance between my family at home and the 30 family members I have at school. This is by far the most challenging job I have had thus far. So much lies on my expertise and finding of ways to reach all children and get them to achieve. I am hopeful to return to work on Tuesday to let my kids know I care, I have not left them and that I am OK. They tell me that come March the kids will miraculously show what they know and be where they need to be. I am more than hopeful at this point. I work at a great school all the people I work with have been more than supportive and always there for my large number of questions. Once I find the ever needed balance in my life I hope to write more frequently. As I lay in bed the last 5 days it has given me time to reflect and think sometimes good and sometimes bad. But reflective non the less. I just march on in the battle of education and I try to be a good strong soldier providing much needed support, care and education to the children of our future. For now have a wonderful HOLIDAY and remember the little things and be thankful for everything. I know I am thankful for the change and opportunity I have been given. I am thankful for my wonderful son and always loving husband without them I would be lacking so much!

Happy Holidays!
Carin

No comments:

Post a Comment