Monday, July 27, 2009

Finger Nail Breaking Day

<-After
<-Before


<-My goal

Today I was able to get into my classroom and begin to organize the furniture. As a new teacher I am blessed to be at this school and with this program. Since the school is only 1 year old I have all knew paint and flooring and the building is gorgeous. These children are very lucky. The downfall of all knew stuff is that it is very overwhelming. I look around and all I see are boxes and bookshelves. I can only pray that I find enough books to fill them all :) I have attached some photos of my room at first then after moving some stuff around. Today was exhausting, finger nail breaking and toe bruising. No matter what I did it still seemed cramped, sort of like my cube at Western Union :). Cozy! I am worried that it looks cluttered without kids I can only imagine it will be worse when they all arrive on Aug 12th. The trouble is balancing all the kindergarten furniture with the kitchen set, wardrobe locker and the small sized tables. The other funny thing is, I have a bathroom in my room and today I thought I would check out the head, when I walked into the bathroom I realized the toilet was only 12 inches high :0. Needless to say I went to another bathroom :p I look forward to Thursday when my Preschool teacher will be in the building to give me advice. The next few days I will be spending with the Aurora Public Schools New Teacher Orientation learning about the pacing guide and how to be the best new teacher I can be

Tootles for Now! I need to mend my wounds..

Carin



1 comment: