Friday, July 24, 2009

A Week of Change!

Today was day two of my Positive Behavior Training with the school. It was interesting and a good training. I still feel the link to the corporate world however. The similarities are in the meetings and topic discussions. We had some great dialogue surrounding a school wide initiative toward improving behaviors in the hallways, bathrooms, cafeteria and in the classroom. I know that I am going to be buying a ton of stickers and stamps. I will work to use the phrases "I understand ..." and "I have noticed ...." these are decriminalizing statements :) I have been weaning myself off of Western Union with a call to my manager and a happy hour tonight. It was great to see some familiar faces and share familiar stories and thoughts. I need some FAMILIAR right now. Everything at the school is new and unfamiliar, so any little strand a familiar is appreciated beyond belief.
Next week will be a big one for me, in that I get the key to my room and can begin unpacking the piles of boxes in my room. I will have some photos to share. I am very lucky with this school as they are fully supplied and my room, being a new program, is stacked with everything from book shelves to kitchen play sets and baby dolls (for the preschoolers). I am excited to unpack and organize. I really need to plan and organize at the moment. This is the control freak in me. I have met many great people and they are all very kind and helpful. I know it is going to be a great year!!!

Until next time..

Carin

No comments:

Post a Comment