Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hard work reaps many rewards!

So, after over 200 applications and many "thanks for coming outs" and two interviews, I have reaped my rewards. I got a job within a great school district and with a great school. I will be facing many challenges this year and I look forward to a year of phenomenal personal and professional growth. Although the decision to leave my happy comfortable life for the deep dark unknown was very difficult, as time goes on and the school days approach I am beginning to know that I have chosen the right path. The school I will be working in this year, as a kindergarten teacher, is primarily Hispanic (non English speaking) and has a considerable amount of children on free or reduced lunch programs. It is a Title 41 school and is improving every year. I look forward to contributing to their success. As I say good bye :( to one life I am saying hello! to another. I will miss all of the great people that I have worked alongside with for the last 5 years and I hope to remain in touch with many of them through this blog. In this blog, I plan to document my challenges, success and growth throughout my journey into the deep dark unknown!

Regards for now,

Carin


4 comments:

  1. You are going to be great at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Sunshine!! I am so excited for you!! This job was created for you and you are will be wonderful. You have so much to offer to those kiddos. I'm proud of you for stepping outside your comfort zone and I know it will so worth it. Luv ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carin!

    I look forward to reading about your adventures during your first year of teaching! I have no doubt that you will do well. Life long learning is a great characteristic to have and I am sure you will continue learning as you start your new journey as a Teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,Carin...Knowing what a hard worker you are, it doesn't surprise me that maybe you overworked yourself. However, I know that your kids are he better for having you as their teacher. You are, as always, hopeful and positive, which is essential for a good teacher. Stay away from the naysayers, keep to your support systems, and remember that learning is a process, not an event. Teachers plant seeds of knowledge and caring that may germinate quickly or slowly, but know that the good work you do is never in vain, even if you don't see the results right now. My best to you in the New Year, Debbe

    ReplyDelete